29905560

Ben. Have accepted the free trial. Following on, my son in

Customer Question

Hi Ben. Have accepted the free trial.
Following on, my son in law has dates for an Employment Tribunal hearing based on potential unfair dismissal. It is probably clear that however "unfair" in our opinion, his dismissal was lawful and within the Employers rights.
You have been helpfully clear that, while "immoral" the Employers ability to determine that he should not be employed anywhere else in the local (national) industry, is lawful and within their rights.
My question is whether the Employment Tribunal could judge the conditions of his dismissal and potentially determine whether the conditions of his dismissal are fair and proportionate?
In essence, if he went to the Tribunal, representing himself, could the Tribunal consider a case that says in brief - ok I accept that the Employer has dismissed me, I cannot challenge the dismissal itself. However, the further conditions they have applied to my dismissal is disproportionate, unfair, unjust and immoral, given the seriousness of the misconduct for which I have been found culpable?
Appreciate your view and have already guessed what you might say butthisis getting to last resort.Bob
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. You say he has dates for a tribunal - what exactly is the claim for and have you been through the ACAS early conciliation process?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - You say he has dates for a tribunal - what exactly is the claim for and have you been through the ACAS early conciliation process?