29905560

Can my employer change my job description without seeing a

Customer Question

Can my employer change my job description without seeing a new duties?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please can you provide some background information on the situation so that I can advise. Please can you also tell me how long you have worked there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been working for ENGIE for over 3.5 years. I have been told by HR that I report to my director at site, however a Finance Business Partner is not an employee of the company but a contractor and verbally was told that I report to them. I don't understand and I have requested from my line manager that I need written confirmation that I report to the FBP but to date haven't received one. Last week I had a 1:1 meeting with the FBP just to discuss our monthly catch ups, however she pulled out the objectives and also to agree on job description which I have not seen. I cannot sign this as I haven't seen before?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Today I had spoken to my reporting manager and they said they were aware of the changes but I need a proper consultation done and they have to give me notice of any changes

OK, thank you for your response and for the attachment. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.