29905560

I have terminated by the company I worked for without any

Customer Question

I have terminated by the company I worked for without any notice or warning. I was told that the termination was due to underperformance and not able to produce work, but when I used to had a meeting with the manager they always told me that I was doing well in my job and meeting the expectation. But all of sudden I was told these two reasons and terminated from the workplace.
Now the company is asking me for 20,500 as a training charges, the training contract does says that I would not be entitle to a refund (£ 20,500) if I have accepted a placement to work for them. I didn't leave in my choice rather it was company's choice to let me go instead so I don't think I still need to pay in this case. I would still work for them but they fired me and now is asking for the money. I was not told about the charges in the meeting either.
The company emailed me yesterday stating they will deduct your final wages (basic pay, accrued performance related daily bonus, notice pay and holiday pay) in order to partially settle your liability.
I don't have a job, and I am very much stressed out with the company. I am afraid this might lead me to depression. Can you please advise me what I need to do in this case?
Thank You
Sudip Shrestha
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long did you work there for? Please can you also provide me with details of the training contract if you have this to hand? Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I started from April 2015. Yeah I can provide you the training agreement.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is the email I received yesterday from the Company.

OK, thank you for your response and for the attachments. As we are practising lawyers and do this in our spare time there may be a slight delay in getting back to you as I am in the final day of a complex trial today so may not be out until late. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will respond as soon as I can, no later than tomorrow at the latest. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you for your understanding