29905560

I resigned from my job,can I still write a grievance letter?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you provide some background information on why you wish to raise a grievance? Please can you also tell me how long you worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I was forced to resigne,my employers took a long time to come out with the outcome a disciplinary against me
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What were the circumstances that led to your disciplinary? Please can you also advise how long you worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be exactly 5years come October 2016
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A staff member took my picture on a night shift, though I reported to the nurse in charge that I wasn't feeling well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They assumed that I was sleeping even though my eyes were opened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was suspended for that reason
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the rest of today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though cameras are not allowed on the unit
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please do leave it with me and I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience. It is entirely possible to raise a grievance once you have resigned but your rights will depend on the following factors:
• If you are still employed by them and working your notice period then you continue being their employee until termination and your usual employment rights apply, including the right to raise a grievance and have it looked at formally by the employer
• If your employment has already terminated, for example if your notice has ended or you left without giving any notice, then you no longer have the legal right to raise a grievance. You may still do so and send your complaint to the employer but they are not legally required to look into it for you.So in either case you are able to submit a grievance but if your employment has terminated and the employer refuses to consider your complaint, then you would not be able to challenge that.I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you