29905560

My new role will be effective in November. Does this change

my new role will be effective in November. Does this change our situation? Am i still allow to suit them?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

If you are returning to your normal job when you actually return from ML then strictly speaking you will not be able to rely on the Regulations because they are allowing you to return to the same job on your return. So unless the reason your job changes after that is because you were of on ML then this is unlikely to be discrimination. It will however be a potential redundancy situation so if you are not offered a suitable alternative position instead you can go for redundancy. If they refuse to consider making you redundant then that is where you will be looking at resigning and claiming constructive dismissal instead.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hope this clarifies your position?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.