29905560

In two weeks time I have ET hearing, but my witnesses refuse

Customer Question

Hello, in two weeks time I have ET hearing, but my witnesses refuse to come to court, despite their earlier offer. Can I use a new witness as I found one?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Have all witness statements been exchanged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet, it will be done on Wednesday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I woul appreciate your quick answer, otherwise will have to seek help somewhere else. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello sorry my connection dropped earlier, are you still in need of an answer now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK great. The good thing is that you have not yet exchanged witness statements so you are able to add a new witness at this stage because it would not prejudice the case in any way. The other side has not yet been given formal witness evidence and you have not received theirs so as far as they are concerned you could add whichever witness you want until the exchange of witness evidence. Once witness evidence has been exchanged, you would only be allowed to add witnesses with the permission of the tribunal. At this stage you can advise them that you are removing one witness and adding another and just include the new witness’ evidence when you exchange statements next week.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello againCan I ask you another question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I found now how to do it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks