29905560

An employee has came back to work after being of sick for

Customer Question

An employee has came back to work after being of sick for ten weeks. On the morning of his return he announced that he was not able to do night call out work. This being a large part of our operation and there only being 4 employees including myself I basically told him that it was part of the job and if he did not want to do it then there would be no job, I made it plane that I was not sacking him as I wanted him to stay but unfortunately if he chose not to do the job then there would be no job for him.
Am I within my rights to say this making him choose to leave ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long has he worked there for? Please can you also tell me whether there have been any other issues with this employees attendance or performance during the course of his employment? Thank you

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long has he worked there for? Please can you also tell me whether there have been any other issues with this employees attendance or performance during the course of his employment? Thank you