29905560

I work in a bar (3 years) and my boss has accused me of

Customer Question

I work in a bar (3 years) and my boss has accused me of theft and suspended me pending investigation. He accused me on the basis of looking through transactions and come to a decision that either i have been over charging customers or I must be stealing from the till.this is not true and no one has evercaught me stealing. However, the so called overcharging is actually customers leaving me a tip or buying me a dink. Eg on a card payment if the customers bill is £10 they tell me make it up to £15, so I charge them £15 and keep £5 as tip. We should be processing it through a tronc system but everyone does it the way I'm doing it so that we actually get the tip. May be not the correct way of processing the tip but the only way I can assure the customer that I will get it. This is not theft but at the same time I may still be in the wrong by not processing my tips through the tronc system which I will never get. My boss already has something against me and I have been thinking of filing a greavence against him many times along with other staff feeling the same way. My performance and relationship with everyone else is exceptional. Now that he has suspended me is it worth me fighting this even though he hates me? Can he prove me stealing when I'm not but he can put it across this way. How can i defend myself? Or should I just resign as I do not wish to work with him after these accusations. Many thanks for your time.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

On what grounds has your boss suspended you exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Accusation of theft
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.