29905560

I received a letter from my employer stating that an

I received a letter from my employer stating that an investigation will take place with a view to a disciplininary for refusing to carry out reasonable line management requests - this request was to engage in what my manager informed me was a reasonable adjustment which I do not find helpful and would find stressful and upsetting. Can I be disciplined for rejecting a reasonable adjustment.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What was the adjustment in question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mentoring

It is very unlikely that disciplinary action can be taken for failure to adhere to a reasonable adjustment. Such adjustments are there to help you with your condition and it is you who decides in the end what would be helpful to you. The employer may offer various options for adjustments but not all may actually be suitable. So if you do not personally believe that the proposed adjustment will be beneficial to you, even if the employer does, it is your opinion which should matter the most as you are the one who is going to potentially benefit so if you do not think it is going to be beneficial you do not have to take it. Disciplining you as a result can be discriminatory conduct by the employer.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you