29905560

I'm the owner of a small independent business who has been

Customer Question

Hi, I'm the owner of a small independent business who has been working for a larger organisation. Over the history of this, I have withdrawn services in the past due to several instances of non payment as agreed to which they asked me to return, and agreed to pay me monthly in advance. for 2 months this has worked, however this month I submitted my invoice after discussing the agreed work for the month ahead, then 9 days after the payment was due (almost 2 weeks after receiving my 7 day term invoice, they decided they weren't going to pay me, and wanted me to resubmit an invoice as the work was changing. This left me in a position of having to again withdraw my services. I have gone through their complaints procedure to no avail, they are now refusing to talk to me! is there anything else I can do? Although they have now paid me for the work I've done at the beginning of September, they had 107 hours booked from me for the whole month, which I now have to find alternative work for. (this is a 16m per year charity, I'm a small independent business
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What are the cancellation terms in relation to future work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I returned to work for them after the last instance, they wanted me to sign a contract, they sent it to me, but never gave me the opportunity to discuss with a manager, within that contract that has never been signed it doesn't state any cancellation time.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.