29905560

Can I include diary as part of disclosure?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you provide some more information so that I have an understanding of your situation? Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I include personal diary in a bundle as part of evidence?

So that I can advise you on this, please can you briefly describe the nature of the contents of your personal diary and why you are required to disclose it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My diary contains dates for work related incidents and events that happened within 2 years.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Diary is for the bundle that is going to be used in tribunal

Thank you. I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.

Hi there, as long as this was an existing document then you can include it if it is relevant. What you cannot do is just create a document for the purposes f including it in the bundle. So if the diary was something which you had created over time, for example at the time the incidents were occurring, then you can try and include it as an existing document. If it was created now for the purposes of the claim then it should be dealt with as personal evidence which you need to cover in your witness statement instead.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you