29905560

What does the below new legal requirement means. "Witness

What does the below new legal requirement means."Witness statements shall stand as that witness's evidence in chief unless the Tribunal orders otherwise. Copies of witness statements shall be available for inspection during the course of the hearing by members of the public attending the hearing (subject to some exceptions)."
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a specific situation in relation to this, for which you are enquiring?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is taken from New Employment Tribunal Procedural Rules. Just want to know what does it mean. Does this mean my witness statement will be publicly available for everyone to see. I though it's only between the Judge, Respondent and Claimant.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you. Leave it with me; I will prepare my advice and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, what you need to bear in mind is that tribunal hearings are public and open to the members of the public. The ET Rules state that the written witness statements must be available for inspection during the course of the hearing by members of the public who attend, unless certain exceptions apply, such as privacy and restricted reporting orders, national security proceedings or the tribunal decides that all or part of the statement should not be admitted in evidence. The Presidential guidance states that an extra copy of each statement, and the hearing bundle, should be prepared and made available to members of the public attending the hearing, should they wish to inspect them whilst in attendance at any of the hearings.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you