29905560

I have overcharged my employer (Prison Service) mileage over

Customer Question

I have overcharged my employer (Prison Service) mileage over the past 15 years accumulating about £1500 in that time. I am aware that I am under investigation. I need advice please.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did it emerge that you overcharged and was this your own admission? Please can you also tell me how long you have worked there all in all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
First of all, I am wondering what sort of sentence I might receive as a result? I have not committed any previous offence.

Are the police involved?

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The police are not involved yet. I am simply aware that that they are suspicious and that it is likely that I will be questioned soon.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.