29905560

My contract of employment states a different reporting

My contract of employment states a different reporting manager than whom I actually report to does this void the employment contract
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Does the reporting manager, named on your contract, still work for the business?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I prefer to type than phone
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all and thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. There are various circumstances where something mentioned in a contract does not reflect reality. That does not automatically make a contract void. For a contract to be void there has to be a serious difference, a serious breach by the employer to follow the contractual terms. So things like not being paid the contracted salary, not being allowed to work in the specified workplace, not being allowed to do the contracted job, etc. If you are not having the contractually mentioned reporting manager that may not really be serious enough – reporting lines change, people move on, externally or internally, so it is rather unlikely that a tribunal would consider a serious enough issue to make the whole contract void.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the reporting line is a job title rather than a specific individuals name and that job title and position still exists in the business
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Again, who you report to is not going to be a serious issue which would make the whole contract void. If it has serious repercussions on the ability to do your job to an extent where you are prevented from doing it successfully and it has major impacts on it, then you could try and argue it as a serious breach of contract but it really has to be a serious impact for it to qualify.

If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you