29905560

The accountancy practice in which I work recently

Customer Question

The accountancy practice in which I work recently incorporated (in June 2016), having been a partnership up until this point.
They intended to issue everyone with new employment contracts during the change over, but then became aware of the TUPE provisions and the idea was dropped.
They have now decided to proceed with issue these new contracts under the guise of modernisation. They are currently in the process of extending the existing office into an adjacent part of the building and are in the early process of negotiating the takeover of a business some forty miles away to gain access to that area. The latter however is currently top secret, with only a handful of the staff being aware of it.
I am also the only none director with a practicing certificate (obtained in December 2015), and thus in theory able to practice on my own as a chartered certified accountant. Therefore I cannot help but feel that part 19 of the new contract is aimed at me somehow.
Before signing and retuning the new contract, I would appreciate an expert’s opinion on it as compared to the original carried over from the partnership with regards ***** ***** TUPE and / or other issues there might be with it. Basically, I would like piece of mind that everything is above board before signing.
I have PDF copies of the old and new contracts and job descriptions as well as the accompanying covering letter issued with the new contract.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So to be clear you need us to look over both contracts to compare them and point out any issues?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well, I have been under the old contract since 2009 and this transferred under the TUPE, the new contract is much more comprehensive and has more clauses etc. Therefore I thought you might need both, but if you are ok with just the new one then I could only send this.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here are the PDF files for you

ok just to clarify we are a Q&A service so if you need more comprehensive assistance such as reviewing documents and commenting on them this would be classified as a premium service and will be at an extra charge. I can provide a quote if needed?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No its ok, how can I get a refund and cancel any subscription the site set up to ask the question?