29905560

I'm a staff nurse who had an unwell child of 8,I had to seek

Customer Question

I'm a staff nurse who had an unwell child of 8,I had to seek medical treatment sat afternoon and took sat night off,to care for her as I'm a single parent,I managed to swap my shift on Sunday night and I beame very unwell Mon,I said I would phone first thing in the morning Tuesday which I had done to say although not 100% could not afford time off sick as its at the managements discretion whether they pay you or not and it seems only certain staff do get paid when sick,which I feel is totally unfair,I was too not to come in for my night shift last night even though I had phoned to resume and I had phoned at 9-08 in the morning.i spoke to my manager this morning and was informed 5-6 weeks overtime has been taken off me and she said that it was policy not to have overtime for a month,I was always led to believe it was a week,I feel I have been discriminated against and penalised heavily when in recent weeks I have worked 1-2 exta shift for past few weeks including my annual leave,I have never seen a policy where a 4 week ban is stipulated,and I have worked in this nursing home for 17 years,I feel deeply saddened and can ill afford to lose this money.and explained this and also asked to use my 3days annual leave entitlement to prevent being marked as sick.i explained both my daughter and myself were very unwell.and I genuinely was unable to work as I'm a single parent and also sole wage earner,I was informed by her that she had no time for this which is very upsetting,please can u advise on anything I can do
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Were you ever made aware of this policy and is it stipulated within your contract?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please cancel my request and payment
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank u,please cancel request and payment sorry for inconvenience

No problem at all. I will opt out so that you can close the question. Please contact customer service to cancel any payment. Thank you