29905560

I am currently signed off from work (for a month), during

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I am currently signed off from work (for a month), during this time I have decided to resign.
My notice period is 4 weeks which means that I would go back to work for a week only (due to currently being signed off).
I have formally handed in my notice in writing and have spoken directly to my manager about it via telephone. During that call I told him that I would like to come in and sort out anything, clear my desk etc (in the last week), he responded saying that there was no need to come back, there would be nothing for me to do and that they would just pay me for that week.
He also told me that he would like IT to shut down my email account/access now so that everything is directed to him as effectively I am out of the business for an extended period of time.
He told my that he would just get someone to pack up my personal affairs from my desk and send them to me.
He also said that as I had been there for a long time (4 years) that I might want to say goodbye to people, so I should just contact them directly and arrange to meet them myself.
He then told me that I would need to complete a handover, but as I was signed off it would need to take place after the 5 of December (my supposed first working day back).
Lastly, he wants me to confirm to him what my last working day will be as if I don't come back for the last week he is saying that my last working day is effectively the last working day before I got signed off. This is very confusing.
I am now very unsure of where I stand around all of this. Do I have accept what he is saying?
Am I not still employed until the end of my notice period? I feel like they are dismissing me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Based on what your employer has suggested, what are you ideally hoping for so that I can advise?