29905560

I would like to appeal from the decision of my employer to

Customer Question

I would like to appeal from the decision of my employer to refuse my request for Flexible Working Hours (they gave me this right). Would you be able to help me with that?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What reason have they provided for refusing this request. Please can you also tell me how long you have worked there for? Thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I've been working for them for more than 2 years. I would like to send you copies of all document I received from them including their decision and document I send to them including my original request to give you more information and get your opinion. Would that be OK

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the rest of today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HelloI have received an official letter from my employer with the decision to refuse my Flexible Working Hours request and the reasons behind it. I have attached this letter with this message. I also attached a school Flexible Working Policy, a copy of my initial original request and the official notes made by HR officer at the meeting with Department Manager.I disagree with all stated reasons for the refusal of me having every Saturday off. As confirmed by Catering Manager on the meeting himself and the head chef are always working Saturdays. There are additional three Shift Leaders and one Sous Chef who can cover me on that day so on my believe the customer demands will not be compromised, there is enough existing staff among our crew to cover these days so there is no need to employ any additional staff and there is no need for the other management members to work every whole weekend. As a proof, I have attached copies of two latest rotas clearly showing that not every Sous Chef and Shift Leader had to work both Saturdays and Sundays and that can be easily rotated. I also have a verbal confirmation from Sean the Sous Chef that he is happy to work both Saturday and Sunday if necessary to help me out.Regarding to the refusal of my request to enable me to book some time off in advance in order to provide childcare cover for my daughter using my mom's help, I found they explanation unreasonable. For me, the whole point of making the Flexible Working Hours request is to make an exception from the rules that are already in place as these rules are not meeting my demands. They want me to put a request at the beginning of the term for the half term or end of term break which is usually 6 weeks away. At that time, due to the high demand, tickets are already sold out for the specific dates and these dates are not flexible (cannot change the first and last date of school holiday).I would like to ask you to go through all the information above and reply whether you agree I have a strong ground for the appeal. If yes, I would actually want to ask you to write this appeal on my behalf. I do not feel strong enough to put it in the right words and format and I am prepared to cover all necessary costs of your services.I would also like to ask you, in case they will refuse my appeal, whether there is any another legal way I can take or legislation I can use to force the employer to agree to my requests.Best RegardsDavid Salon

Thanks - as we are just a Q&A service, rather than a site where you can get detailed advice, I will not really be able to assist with this or write an appeal for you. I will open up the question for other experts to assist if they can - if someone is able to help they will reply. Please do not repsond in the meantime as it will just assign the query back to me. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello, yes please continue your search. If you do not find anybody by tomorrow evening I will cancel my request.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.