29905560

I currently have a contract in place which terminates on the

Customer Question

I currently have a contract in place which terminates on the 31st of May. I believe I am owed commission on some items but the hiring company believe otherwise. Can you help?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How exactly can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I've been contracted to do work for a company that will come to an end on the 31st of May. I've reviewed my terms and believe that I am owed commission for the selling of 'prepaid cards'. Do you need me to send the document over?

You may indeed attach it on here please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Attached. They've already paid the £2,500 acknowledging it's a new client but the commissions for over 100,000 cards has not been paid

why do they believe you are not due this commission?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they had the client onboard for a trial which is when I joined. Once I joined I had the contract for the trial signed (which I didn't charge them for) several months later I worked to have the sign up for a full launch of our programme which I done and they signed a new contract for this. The company acknowledged this by paying me the £2,500. Because they believe it was initiated before I started my role they think I'm not entitled to the funds

Whilst they may have tried to use the clause which states that you are only paid commission for clients initiated after you started, by paying you the £2,500 they have inadvertently acknowledge that this was a new client. This in turn should contradict their argument that it wasn’t and as such the likelihood is that you would be due this commission. The problem is that whatever you say or raise with them, you cannot force them to pay you and if they refuse, the only way would be to make a claim to try and get that. How far you go is entirely up to you but there are options which are free to start with before you have to make a formal claim which can help you in reaching a resolution without the need to spend money on court action.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the options you have on taking this further. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a quick second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks