29905560

On Friday I was called to a performance capability meeting,

Customer Question

On Friday I was called to a performance capability meeting, which is to take place tomorrow at 2pm. This evening I have been accidentally copied into an email where my MD and my manager are discussing the action. In the email they discuss that they are looking to demote me with a reduced salary on a PIP and that because I have been with the company for more than 2 years I have to accept the reduced salary and that they have to do this because I have cause to take them to a tribunal.
What should I do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Does your contract say that they can do this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi BenIf I am being completely honest, I don't know. I did ask for a copy of my contract on Friday, along with a copy of my job description and the staff handbook. I have yet to receive these.I was given a pay rise 3 months ago and have hit sales targets every month this year except last month. Since the end of June they have increased my sales targets without consultation also.I just want to know what to do in the meeting really. do I accept the demotion or stand my ground as in the email conversation - it is clear that they want to eventually dismiss me.The new sales manager has only been working for the company for 1 month and has brought a fleet of people he previously worked with into the company.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you going to reply to my last response?

Hi sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. Can you please confirm how long you have actually worked there for?

Hello, not sure if you saw my follow up query above - how long you have actually worked there for?