29905560

I work for six days a week for eight months of the year and

Customer Question

I work for six days a week for eight months of the year and five days a week for four months. I get 28 days annual leave a year including bank holidays. I believe I should get 5.6 weeks leave but 28 days is based on a five day working week. Is this legal?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

You are already getting the maximum permissible by law. Whether you work 6 or 7 days a week, your holiday entitlement will only ever be calculated up to 5 working days a week, so the maximum possible is 5.6 weeks x 5 which is 28 days. So your current entitlement is legally correct.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks