29905560

I am a full time employee of this company and I applied for

I am a full time employee of this company and I applied for an internal vacancy for temporary management position for 6 months and was successful.My company have sent me a full time position contract which I have signed and returned. Do they now have to honour this contract or can they withdraw it and reoffer the temp contract?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

How long have you worked for this employer for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
8 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your patience. Just because they gave you a permanent contract which you have signed does not mean you can rely on it and force them to honour it. If for example it was issued in error, they will have the chance to correct that and re-issue a temporary one. It would have been clear through their original intentions whether this was a mistake or not - after all the job was advertised as a temporary one for a fixed period of time, you knew that and you applied based on that. So if in genuine error they have given you the wrong contract, you cannot be allowed to take unfair advantage of that and hold them to it. Whilst you can always ask if it was their intention to give you a permanent contract, if they spot their error and try to correct it, then it would be very unlikely that you would be able to hold them to it and get them to honour this contract, which was clearly issued by mistake.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome, all the best