29905560

I am due to attend a disciplinary hearing this Friday and

Customer Question

Hi, I am due to attend a disciplinary hearing this Friday and wondered if you could offer any advice. Right now I feel sick to my stomach and feel very isolated as I have know one to talk to at work about it. The case has been put forward by my assistant manager and it is my manager that is in charge of the hearing. My assistant manager has worked for many years with my my manager at different stores and they have a friendship outside of work. I have had a couple of run-ins with my manager too. I feel there are mitigating circumstances to my conduct and did apologise the next day. What does concern me is that there are couple of things in my assistant managers statement that are not true at all and one that has no bearing on the case in question. I'm not confident that anything I say will change anything in that meeting and in my employment handbook it states any hearing will be 'procedurally correct, impartial and will result in equitable and fair treatment'. Sorry it's long winded but like Ive said, I haven't discussed this with anyone.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nottingham
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, not that I know of
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I suppose this has been simmering for a while. I have been overlooked for supervisory positions, my work ethic and performance is high but my efforts are always undervalued ie 'your just doing your job'. There was an instance a year ago where the same manager who is going to be at my hearing played a facebook video of a black man being washed in soap and being clean. A Chinese advert. I was near at the time but wasn't shown the clip, but it was shown to at least 2 of my work colleagues. I have never said anything (I'm a mixed race female) I knew I should have and I feel like crap because I didn't dare do it. Now I have sit through this hearing with the same manager
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked there for and what specifically would you like to know about this please?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for and what specifically would you like to know about this please?