29905560

Does a have to be agreed before the respondent gives it to

Does a bundle have to be agreed before the respondent gives it to us we only have 2 weeks to go and we don't have a bundle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Is there a dispute over what is to be included in it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we have been told by the judge that we can take disputed documents in but we do need the bundle that the respondents witness statements are referenced to.we have given over our witness statements to the respondents solicitor not page numbered.we asked the respondents solicitor to page reference these according to the bundle he is working off(this bundle has all his documents and some shared)but he refuses to do so.there is not much time.we have been told by the judge to continue agreeing the bundle we have tried it was meant to be finalized by 13 July he scans back to us our documents and says they will be in the bundle but they are not as even the respondents witness statements ask why we have left them out.we have disclosed them but the respondents solicitor pretends to put them in by scanning them to us but they are not really in their bundle.the respondents solicitor says he is totally impartial and has nothing to gain from the respondent and yet we have a letter that says he acts as their employment adviser.please could you help us know what to do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, one would indeed expect the bundle to be agreed and finalised before the hearing, except for any disputed documents. Unofficially it is the respondent that prepares the bundle but that is only because it is assumed that as the company they will have more resources to do so. However, it should be agreed in advance who is responsible for doing this and whoever assumes responsibility would be expected to finalise it in time for the tribunal.

The main thing for you is to have seen the documents to be included in it and been able to reference them in your statements. Page numbers in the bundle are not that important at this stage, although they should be finalised before the hearing. I have been to hearings where the bundle has not been finalised in time and the tribunal has just had to go back and forth looking for the specific documents when reading the statements. It is not a disaster as long as the documents are there on the day. All you can realistically do is keep reminding them to finalise it and just bring the documents in the bundle yourself as backup on the day.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you for your help I have written another question for your attention regarding my nephew who I am fighting the same company with if possible could you give me your thoughts thanks again for your assistance
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

Hi there, I am not quite sure about that question unfortunately hence why I have not picked it up, it's an area I am not quite versed in, sorry

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for letting me know
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 29 days ago.

You are welcome, sorry about that