29905560

I have just received an email from my employer requiring my

Good morning, I have just received an email from my employer requiring my attendance to a investigation meeting, so I can provide an explanation to a grievance they have received about myself from an ex employee. The ex employee was employed between March 2017, and her employment was terminated with immediate effect on 22nd September due to poor performance and behaviour. As far as I am aware she never mentioned any problem with me throughout her employment despite having several review meetings. What should I do?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: York, England.
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I think they received her grievance in the post this morning, not sure whether the emailed letter I received will be filed.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, feel pretty blindsided by it all.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked for this employer for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Since January 2015

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. If the employer wishes to investigate this then you should of course attend and cooperate with their investigation. All they have so far is the other employee's complaint and they may jot know whether it has any foundation or not hence why they are conducting the investigation to gather more information and decide if this needs taking further. They do not automatically know that you may not have done anything wrong or that the complainant never raised these issues with you. So it is normal for an employer to investigate first before deciding on what further action, if any, they need to take. I suggest you attend and answer their questions and basically make it clear that you find it puzzling as to why they have decided to raise a complaint now rather than bring any issues to your pr the employer's attention whilst they had the chance when they worked there. Hopefully the investigation will show there is no case to take further.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you