29905560

I left my place of work back in May 2017 due to bullying and

Customer Question

I left my place of work back in May 2017 due to bullying and sexual harassment. I am strong enough now to make a complaint. What are my rights and course of action?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Please can you provide some more information on the bullying and harassment you experienced and also, how long had you worked for this employer for?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I worked for the school for 7 years. I recall bullying and harrassment right from he first year back in 2011. It became progressively worse. Bullied if I didn’t go along with him. Bullying consisted of putting me down in front of colleagues, adding more work, suddenly removing responsibilities from my role, putting me on a pedestal one minute then obliterate my confidence the next, contacting me late in evenings or weekends, demanding work to be executed with immediate deadlines. More serious sexual harassment evolved with a period of grooming, barriers were pushed more and more until I felt I couldn’t get out without losing my job or my career. I have email evidence of him asking me to wear summer dresses (three emails), or screen shots of him trying to face-time me late in the evening (10 or so calls, all unanswered).
I was groomed over time so I ended up exceptionally loyal to him which meant that when I left the school, i felt terribly guilty. So I didn’t keep as much evidence as I would have wanted.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. The starting point is that you are actually out of time to make a claim for this as any claims must be made within 3 months of you leaving. So if you left in May you would be out of time to claim.

There are very limited circumstances where you may get an extension by the employment tribunal but for this to happen you basically have to show that you were ‘incapacitated’ and not in a position to make a claim. I know you said you have only started to feel better now but you must be able to convince the tribunal that your condition was so serious throughout this time that it actually prevented you from making a claim and you could not have reasonably been expected to make one in time.

As this is a technical legal matter it is best advised that you get a local employment solicitor make that application for you but do not delay it any further as the time really is ticking now.

To search for local solicitors to you see here:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks