29905560

Assistant: What is your issue regarding? I started with

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I started with company 12/08/2014, signed statement of main terms and conditions employed as Admin Assistant. Issued with 2nd terms and conditions May 2017, no explanation as to why my employment then changed to Admin Assist (Waste). No consultation at all. Told if didnt sign , because I was working in that dept it was basically wrote in stone, I signed. On 29/09/2017 collective meeting held to discuss risk of redundancy to my job (and others-driving jobs only) handed announcement of proposed redundancies letter along with x2 vacancies within the company. These were specialised fitter jobs with HGV driving! not office based similar to my job role. Consultations held 3rd and 24th October, on 27th October given a scoring matrix which included jobs that were not part of my job within the company and was scored 0 for these. told my score did not meet the criteia. However a part time colleague who has been with the company less than x1 year who was brought in x2 days per week to help a lady who was already covering maternity leave- had also now been included in the redundancy consultations, and received a consultation meeting after all other staff on the 29/09/2017, been scored higher therefor I was chosen for redundancy. I explained that I was capable of other jobs and that they had not asked, discussed offered to train me before offering a full time position to the temp. I asked the temp what her new job title was and she said full time assistant financial Contol. No one in the office knew of any position as we had received an email 12/09/2017 to say the temp would be taking over the lady that was covering maternity leave(she left after feeling being pushed out) which was helping to cover office admin, absences and holidays. This was not an assistant financial control vacancy. I was then handed on 31/10/2017 an assistant financial control task list and told I had an interview the following day as the the person who interviewed me to start with the company did not know my qualifications! (Business degree) x2 people from outside the company interviewed myself and the lady who had already accepted the role of full time assistant financial control!? I had a meeting regards ***** ***** redundancy 03/11/2017. I had a colleague taking notes for this meeting. I was informed that I was unsuccessful with my interview and thererfore being made redundant. I asked when the job (Waste Admin)finshed and was told 03/11/2017. I am being paid x4 weeks notice in lieu. The job in the Waste side is still running as PArt of the job was organising skips, and this is still being run, which was part of my job description. I am unsure of legality name change of job description without any notice/discussion, although I know I did end up signing it. looking for advise as I would like to appeal their decision. I have no idea how to move forward with the decision they have made. Can you advise please
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am In Scotland
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: sorry what does that mean
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.