29905560

PLEASE ONLY COME BACK IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYMRENT LAW

Customer Question

PLEASE ONLY COME BACK IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYMRENT LAW SPECIALIST. i am sick of lawyers who have no experience stating they can respond.
This is a very precise legal question and I am looking for a precise answer. Please do not come back with lots of uneccessary supplementary questions or a hazy what if scenario.
If someone is made redundant and made to work their notice, can the company ask them to undertake new tasks that bear no relation to those that are listed in their job description which is included in a contract of employment.
These are the facts:
* Employed for 3 years. No days of ill, perfect reviews
* Employed in finance department.
* Job being deleted as company is downsizing and moving to new offices. Job functions being outsourced.
* Company financially stable.
* Been made redundant today. Have been asked to manage entire office move and other adminsitration tasks which is taking up around 20 hours per week. ( started 2 weeks ago) This role would normally have been undertaken by an office manager or facilities person, but because my existing job is deleted and I have time I am doing this. If i didnt do this i would probably have been let go, but instead I am being asked to work my full notice period.
Is this totally acceptable in employment law or does it constitute a breach of contract? What action if any should I take? Should I simply do whatever is asked of me before my notice period ends or should I raise this as an issue or ask for a settlement that is over and above the basic redundancy they are offering me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
will you be answering this question tonight. If not can you please release it so another solicitor can answer it. Thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Whilst the contract may not include these specific tasks does it state you may be asked to undertake any additional duties from time to time?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No it doesnt.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have a meeting at 9.15 am this morning. I wasnt expecting an answer in the middle of the night. Can you please giv eme an asnwwr based on the information above.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please can i have a full refund of my money. It is now 12 hours since i asked the question and i only received a question back.All you had to do is to say that if it states that if her contract states that she may be asked to do additional duties then the company chas this right but if the dont ( and then provide the answer to the question).
I have used Just Answers many times in the last few years and never had such a slow response.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please can we cancel this. it has taken 12 hours and I havent had a reply. This is not the usual service