Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have won an appeal at a Tribunal and where found unfit to

Customer Question

Hi, i have won an appeal at a Tribunal and where found unfit to be in wrag. I have just recieved a leter stateing that they are going to sanction me on a doubt...for not attending a wrag interview of which due to my health i could not attend. I told them by letter about my condition but they continue to harras me. I was told regulation 35 applied to my case at Tribunal. The Tribunal was on 30th last mounth and the samction for october time. Thanks John
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have a medical note which says you were unfit to attend?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i told them that i could get any medical note...but they nether responded. I wrote letter informing them about my condition.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

Ok, then you can appeal the decision.

But you needed a note at the time saying you were unfit to attend.

If you can get this then you can appeal the decision.

It can be set aside and reheard. But you MUST MUST MUST get a note saying you were unfit to attend.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What about the Tribunal decision where does it leave me. I made an appeal to be placed in the support group. The notice said appeal allowed and decision was set aside. They said regulation 35 applied but not much else. Im not sure where i stand.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

You can appeal the Tribunal decision. If it was made it can be appealed.

You need to show:

1) they were wrong in law,

2) they were wrong in procedure,

3) the decision was one which no reasonable Tribunal could have made.

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied less than 1 hour ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.