29905560

Ive worked for a agency for 6 days and i should of been paid

Customer Question

ive worked for a agency for 6 days and i should of been paid friday but not received anything who can i get in touch with to get my money thanks.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What reason have you been provided with, if any, for not being paid as yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hes not given me a reason.

Thank you. Initially you need to pursue this directly with the agency. They are the only ones who can make sure the payment is made without any further delays. However, if it becomes apparent that they are not going to pay you at all, then you may have to consider taking it further officially. This can be taken to the small claims court if required. However, note that making a claim will not get you your money immediately - it will likely be a few months before you get anything out of it so there is no quick fix that way. The only way to get the money quick is to get the agency to pay you but no one apart from them can make that decision, so you are fully reliant on them to do this. The court option is just there as a back up in the event they completely refuse to pay you, rather than just delay it for a short while.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you need to follow if you had to make a formal claim. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Hello, my response should be visible on this page. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you