29905560

I'm am an IT manager The company told me I'm having an IT

I'm am an IT manager The company told me I'm having an IT audit on Wednesday morning. (I was just informed this evening).
- What should I prepare?
- Am I allowed to see the Audit?
- Do I need to be told in advance who is doing the audit?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Do I have to supervise the auditor at all times?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 28 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 28 days ago.

This is not so much of a legal question because such audits are not governed by law and there is nothing in law that says what must happen or you must do. It is an internal policy issue which will depend on the rules of audits as per your employer's own policies. So as it is unlikely I can help with details of the audit, what you must do etc do you have any other legal-related questions about this?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
- What should I prepare?
- Am I allowed to see the Audit?
13/11/2017 07:0713/11/2017 07:34
- Do I have to supervise the auditor at all times?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 28 days ago.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
let me phrase it another way. If I request to see the audit , can they refuse to do so if they have no internal policy regarding it?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 28 days ago.

Thank you. Yes they can potentially refuse your request to see it because you will only have the legal right to see it (or at least parts of it relating to you), if it amounts to personal data under data protection. For this there has to be identifiable date from which you can be identified as an individual. If there was no such data and it was a general audit covering all sorts of other aspects, such as technical or others, which do not personally identify you, then this would not be data protection information and there won’t be a legal right to demand to see it, even if there was no such policy. Does this clarify?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
perfect, thanks. I may need extra help over the next few weeks with related. Will you be available? Signing up to free trial now! :)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 28 days ago.

No worries any time