michael holly
michael holly, Solicitor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience of dealing with employment law matters and qualified mediator
12609314

Im being accused of misconduct and inappropriate behaviour

Customer Question

Im being accused of misconduct and inappropriate behaviour whilst out on an end of project drinking function offsite
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, the HR function have questioned me adn others and I am on a suspension
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  michael holly replied 3 months ago.

Where there is such an allegation made suspension is common as it allows the employer to investigate and for the employee to avoid being at work under a cloud.

The employer should take statements from all concerned , if they want to take the matter further they should then provide that evidence to you so you can see what has been said.

A meeting will take place and they will decide what action , if any , to take.

The employer must have an appeal system so you can appeal any decision you believe is unfair.

If they stick to that decision and you believe it is unfair you can take them to an Employment tribunal iif you have been employed there for more than 2 years.

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael