29905560

A work colleague left 6 months ago but has returned. The

Hi. A work colleague left 6 months ago but has returned. The company know verbally I do not want to work with him due to safety reasons at work. My company has put me to work with him this week. So for my own safety I haven't attended work. I now have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss these issues. I would like to know if I'm entitled to any pay for the 3 days I've had off work.thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

How long have you worked there for and what are the safety issues you mention?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
2 years and I work at height and the things he does puts me in danger and I no longer want to be put in this situation
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'd just like an answer to weather I'm entitled to pay
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

You won’t automatically be entitled to be paid for these days, unless it was pre-agreed with the employer. You can try and change these days to annual leave to ensure you get paid but if you simply did not attend work without discussing it with the employer first and being authorised to leave, means you cannot expect payment for them unfortunately. At this stage I suggest you consider raising a formal grievance to discuss and deal with the safety issues and ensure this does not happen again.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 22 days ago.

you are most welcome