taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I was suspended from work for swearing, Assistant: Where are

i was suspended from work for swearing,
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: kidderminster but work in droitwich,
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes i was suspendd on anon phone call,tto company had a diaplinary,then ggiven there answer
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: just i have been very loyalto company

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for the employer for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just over 4 years

Do you agree that you swore? Can you explain the situation leading up to the suspension in a bit more detail?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but i said because i work in care and the resident was hitting me that he needed to be changed because he was covered in shit that being the swear word

Ok and I assume it is your position that this language is culturally acceptable in the Care Industry? I can imagine it is. Who made a complaint was it the resident or another carer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can really aford it till get paid

Ok can you tell me who made the complaint was it the resident or another carer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
another carer

and is it your position that this kind of 'language' is fairly common in your line of work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
most people use it the carer has only been there a few months and doesnt understand how violent dementa patients can be

Ok in that case if your employer dismisses you you can argue that it is unreasonable as it is part of the culture of the workplace. You can appeal and claim unfair dismissal in the employment tribunal on the basis that this kind of thing happens all the time and people are not dismissed.

You should make these points both during the course of investigation or disciplinary hearings (if it proceeds to one).

If you have any further questions please do ask. If i have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have just sent a e mail to my employer appealing there decision

Ok great, good luck with it.

I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise credited for answering your question.

Do come back to me if you need further help in the future.