Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have had a partial thyroidectomy (isthmus removed 20 years

Customer Question

I have had a partial thyroidectomy (isthmus removed 20 years ago) and since then have had chemotherapy twice for breast cancer 6 years ago.
My problem is that although my TSH tests are "normal" according to my GP, I have a number of signs and symptoms of hypothroidism eg. thinning hair, broadening of face, coarse skin, weight gain which is difficult to lose, joint and muscle pains, peripheral neuropathy, sleepiness, and so on. My GP refuses to send me to an endocrinologist.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these symptoms.

do you know what your TSH level is?

you should see an endocrinologist.

you need a lot of blood work to check your am cortisol, ACTH, anti thyroid antibodies.

can you refer yourself to see an endocrinologist?