Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have been diagnosed in the past as having Hashimotos disease,

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed in the past as having Hashimoto's disease, which may actually have been post-partum thyroiditis.

My TSH levels now are normal despite not taking any medication, and they have been normal for the past 18 months.

I was just looking over my blood results and found something that I am a little alarmed about. 18 months ago I tried to test for antibodies to see if I had an autoimmune process going on.

My anti-TPO was normal, but my TG was not. It was 58 IU/mL, where normal is up to 4.11. The problem is that I don't know if this was TG or anti-TG. The test was done in Slovenia and the language barrier made it impossible to clarify this or get an interpretation of the results.

I am worried because I have seen online that elevated TG is a sign of thyroid cancer. I did have 3 ultrasounds of my thyroid around the time the blood was taken and all that could be seen was evidence of past inflammation, no nodules.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Apparently, you have posted both questions, and did not get a response in the Endocrinology category, so were added to the Medical category. I just posted a request for more information on your other post at http://www.justanswer.co.uk/expert/qa.aspx?dologin=1&T=13288414.

In that question, you did not raise a question of whether it was the thyroglobulin level of antibodies. Does that mean that after posting this question you have resolved that issue.

Please only respond in one post, so that all of the information can stay together and you will only be charged for one question.