Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

13ml Nodules on my thyroid What do I do next ?

Goodmorning .. I have 13ml nodules on both sides of my thyroid. both are round and well defined .. I had no problems with my throat but ever since they told me i keep on getting ulcers in my mouth and throat .. I can see it when i open my mouth. and i have so much gas. They told me to come back after 3 months to see if the nodule grew then to do the byapsy.. if the nodule grows then i should do the byapsy.Is the ulcers linked to the thyroid issues ... I can't swallow properly and in pain when i talk..What should I do next ?

Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Have you had the following tests done:
1. Thyroid function tests
2. Thyroid scan
3. Thyroid ultrasound
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Yes I have no problem with my thyroid. Im not hypo nor hyper .. and I did blood tests all my blood rests are normal .. The scan only indicated that I have one large nodule on both sides. I did not do a thyroid scan ..

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
I think that you should have a thyroid scan done and then proceed with biopsy if there is a cold nodule detected in the thyroid scan.
Particularly with your difficulty in swallowing you should have a biopsy done to make sure everything is okay.
By biopsy I mean a needle biopsy or in other words FNAc (fine needle aspiration cytology).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will go ask for a thyroid scan .. thank you

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine