Doctor Natasha
Doctor Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician. Able to handle endocrinological and diabetic emergencies
16455829

I am 22 years old. I have MRI results that suggest adenomyosis

I am 22 years old. I have MRI results that suggest adenomyosis and I am scheduled to have a laparoscopy to investigate suspected endometriosis.
The surgeon has agreed to take blood samples whilst I am under anaethetic as I do not like needles etc. Apart from testing thyroid, diabetes, vitamin levels etc, please could you advise what blood tests you suggest that I should request.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Doctor Natasha replied 3 years ago.
I would suggest (as long as you are doing it):

complete blood count
serum chemistries
Ca/Mg/Phos
Thyroid panel
Lipid panel
Blood glucose
Hemoglobin A1C
Liver function tests (AST, ALT, bili, alk Phos)
Renal function tests (BUN/creat)
PT/INR/PTT

I would not bother with any vitamin levels

That should cover everything until you are 50 years old :-)

I hope that this helped
Please leave positive feedback if it did
Use reply for clarification :-)
Doctor Natasha, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine Physician. Able to handle endocrinological and diabetic emergencies
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. Please tell me why you suggest not bothering to test for vitamin levels. I forgot to mention that anxiety is a huge problem and always has been since I was a small child. No trauma has ever been experienced that could account for that. I am also depressed and have no energy.
What about testing for parasites? Is there a blood test for this?
There is not going to be much gained from vitamin levels unless you have signs of deficiency- and you are located in the UK.
If you were a chronic alcoholic and lived in Ghana, yes, get tested.
The blood test- complete blood count- would indicate parasitic infection depending on the results.
Everything else above would help rule out problems with no energy

I hope this helped.
Use reply for clarification