Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

Dear DoctorMy name isXXXXX am 33 years old,

Customer Question

Dear Doctor My name isXXXXX am 33 years old, 183CM, 148 KG Obese. I Had a history of weight Fluctuation, full of achievements and draw-backs. in 2007 I used to weigh the same as I do now and I undertook a hard diet as I started in the pre-diabetic range of Glucose readings (6 - 7 mmol/L) and managed to loose 54 KG in the space of 10 months with no excess skin or problems bringing my glucose levels back to (4 - 4.5 mmol). I managed to keep the weight down of and stop any further development of type 2 diabetes (in the family we have 2 and 1) until 2011 where due to family circumstances and a rough patch I started re-gaining the weight rapidly and was diagnosed with type 2 diabeted last year in July where reading where (8 - 9) and was put on metformin. I am now averaging (14-18 mmol/L) fasting, despite taking 1000X2 Metformin a day. We just had a baby who is now a month old, I am determined as ever to put a stop to this rapid deterioration in my health. I would like to get some help with the following: 1 Assistance in knowing what to ask for in terms the appropriate tests from my GP in order to get very precise diagnosis to tailor a health plan around it, the lack of affect I am getting out of metformin despite max dose in a very short period of time makes me wonder id it could be slow onset type 1 or a more specific type of insulin resistance. upon proper diagnosis I'll be in a better place to plan. 2 I have saved cord blood and tissue from the birth of my daughter and I'd like to consult your knowledge with the latest in stem cells research. 3 your opinion on gastric/other surgeries to try to slow down this rapid progression of the disease. FYI Diagnosis last July happened when I tested myself few mornings and was above limits, GP asked for HB1C on 2 different Occasions (6 weeks apart) both were above limit. Thank you for your attention and please do not hesitate to ask any further questions. P.S I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow

I am happy to do skype and logged in if you like. Skype: XXXX XXXXX

Category: Endocrinology