Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My daughter happily married for 9 years is nearly 40 and has

Customer Question

My daughter happily married for 9 years is nearly 40 and has one beautiful child of 6 but has since lost two babies after 13/16 weeks. The last loss was in June 2013 and she has not felt well since. An old disc injury in the neck has flared up. She had an MRI and was told not too serious. After nearly a year of physio, exercise, consultation and IDD treatment is no better and she feels worse nobody seems to understand why it is not healing. Two years ago she had rogue cells removed from her cervix this did not heal well and she caught an infection which took three hospital visits and ages to clear up. I noticed during that time that she had spots around her mouth and chin which cleared up but following the loss of the last baby these spots have reappeared ( she has never had spots in her life) I read this could all be connected to the pituitary gland malfunction have you any ideas?

Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
Can you type in the MRI report findings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not have access to report but the disc between vertebrae 5 and 6 in the neck is slightly worn and prolapsed but not considered by the consultant serious enough to operate on. It should have healed by now so other areas are being explored I think the lack of healing and spots are a major clue to her problems

OK
To answer your question, none of this appears to be related to pituitary gland misfunction, which would easily show up on labs.
What should have been checked.
TSH
T4
AM cortisol
Sex hormone panel.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].