DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
55099014

Hello, if a woman had undiagmosed PCOS for 20 years, what signs

Customer Question

Hello, if a woman had undiagmosed PCOS for 20 years, what signs and symptoms would you expect? My mother is 45, had 3 children and the age of 23,26 and 30 but had two miscarriages after the second child, before having the third. Her hair has thinned over a number of years although she has always had a high forehead and reasonably thin hair, and she is considering being checked for pcos, which she will do. However in the mean time, based on the info have given, plus 1. She has normal/low blood pressure 2. Bmi-26 3. No hirsutiam 4. Normal blood sugar how likely do you think it is that this could be a culprit thanks
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for this question

Other than the signs you pointed out that she doesn't have, most likely she would have irregular periods

I would simply get a DHEA level and a pelvic ultrasound

That would give you a pretty good idea