tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
18722459

I delivered a baby seven months back ,still no mensuration

I delivered a baby seven months back ,still no mensuration ,am still breastfeeding but not as frequent as before . When will it start ?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. This is common with breast feeding and your period may not start until you stop the breastfeeding. If this concerns you, though, talk to your doctor about it and have your hormone levels checked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Won't the doctors not give it much thought and might ignore saying I m breastfeeding . Is there a possibility of hormonal imbalance at this point ??
Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Well I personally don't think there's anything to worry about. I was just saying that after what I said if you were still concerned about this you could talk to your doctor. In a sense there is a hormone imbalance but it's a natural imbalance in a breast feeding woman and it will right itself once you stop breast feeding