Doctor Natasha
Doctor Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician. Able to handle endocrinological and diabetic emergencies
16455829

My mother has gained a lot of weight and is extremely tired

Customer Question

My mother has gained a lot of weight and is extremely tired - she sleeps 20 hours a day, some days. Her face is big and the skin is very thick. Her hair is very dry and her nails are peeling back. Her legs + ankles are very thick + swollen and she can barely walk. Her vision is poor, her head is fuzzy and she often feels dizzy. She also suffers from a lot of diorrhea. Her temperature sits very low + she is often hypothermic. She also feels a lot pain in her joints and back
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Doctor Natasha replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there?

Dr. Natasha :

please enter the chat and say hello

Dr. Natasha :

has your mom had her thyroid checked?

Dr. Natasha :

It sounds like your mom has severe hypothyroidism and she needs to have her thyroid checked asap and probably be put on medication asap

Dr. Natasha :

based on what you are telling me, it appears that she has had this for a while and is in desperate need of thyroid supplementation

Colin-
I hope you saw my answer.
please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise :-)