tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
18722459

Hi, I am taking HRT because I am transsexual. The dose

Hi, I am taking HRT because I am a post op transsexual. The dose seems a little high. And I am worried that too high a dose could be dangerous. I take 1.5mg a day of oestrogel.  2x0.75mg

Hi--do you have the lab results?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My GP in the UK says I have an estergen reading of 800 Picomol/L but does not know if that is too high or low for a post op transsexual!! Thank you! Rachel

OK Rachel You're right about the dosage which should be 1.25 rather than 1.5. Your oestrogen level should be closer to 500. It would be a good idea to see an endocrinologist to follow this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I will lower my dosage to 1.25mg. I can't see a endocrinologist on the NHS unfortunately as transsexuals can't get treatment easily hence my question on here.

Thanks again

My pleasure--any time Rachel