tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
18722459

My symptoms, which have become more severe in last eighteen

My symptoms, which have become more severe in last eighteen months are:-
Increasing levels of exhaustion & low energy
Aching, heavy legs and hips, especially in morning, or after sitting, but now lasting all day. Eased in short term by walking, but return to aching and heavy soon after.
Costocondritis and aching in central chest area, especially after exertion and in evening at end of day
Insomnia, which has become increasingly bad over past 4/12
Pulsing tinnitus since sept 2013
Frequent bouts of dizziness & nausea and occasional unsteady gait - esp when have been laying down.
Irritable bowel, especially in morning.
Bradycardia
Took viol redundancy from full time NHS senior manager post in March 2013 as no longer felt able to work full time. Had 9 months off last year and been working 0.8 since Jan 14, but becoming increasingly less able to do so.
I'm 51 year old female. Had radical hysterectomy and oopherectomy in 2008 due to much pain and fibroids.
Existing conditions:-
Hypertension. Prescribed Losertan 50mgs
Coeliac disease - gf diet followed since diagnosis 14 yrs ago.
Could I please have your opinion?
Thank you so very much.
Have had several EA TO HOSPITAL WITH UNEXPLAINED CHEST PAIN ( last jan 14), no diagnosis given.
I feel this may be autoimmune and possibly thyroid related, but feel GP is uninterested. Last visited in feb 14.
Could you please give me your opinion?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Sorry for the long delay but may I ask if you've had your thyroid function, cortisol levels, and vitamin B12 and D levels checked? And have you had an autoimmune panel done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for coming back to me. I had FBC & basic Thyroid function & B12 tests done in Nov last yr 2013 and was advised all normal. is it worth going back to my GP and requesting the ones you ask about? I would like full thyroid function undertaken - as understand basic test fails to test levels of T3 & T4.
have you heard of my combination of symptoms before and if yes, do you have any suggestions re diagnosis?
many thanks & kind regards.
joanne Atkinson
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Here are my thoughts--low thyroid and unless your TSH level is below 2.5 I'd treat you for that, low cortisol levels, autoimmune disorders like polymyalgia rheumatica or autoimmune myositis for which I'd get an antinuclear antibody titer, rheumatoid factor, sed rate and C reactive protein, and possibly heavy metal (lead or mercury) toxicity for which I would screen you. Any of these areas could explain all your symptoms. I'd return to your GP and ask him about all of that.
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions