tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
18722459

Please instruct me how to attach a 3 page document; then Please

Customer Question

Please instruct me how to attach a 3 page document; then
Please analyse the attached blood test results and give me your critical assessment and advices for corrective action
I am male , 73 yrs of age type 2 diabetic since year 2000.
My current daily medicine consists of :
60 units of Lantus Glargine taken once per day at bedtime
1 x 850 mg Metformin tab taken 3 x times per day
2 x 80 mg Glicazide tablets taken twice per day
1 x 100 mg Losarthan tablet taken once per day
1 x 5 mg Amlodipine tablet taken once per day
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. You can either use the paperclip icon on this page or post the documents at Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link. You could also send an email with the documents to***@******.*** and they will relay them to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thank you.
I have attached my blood test results which details those from 1 Sept and 5th Nov 2014.
The results tested on 5 Nov are poor for :

urea, creatinine, ufr, tsh,HbA1c, wbc, neutrophils, monocytes, eosinophils, esr.
Please be frank with me and give your assessment of my condition, what these results mean and what if anything can I do to improve the figures when next my blood will be tested at the end of Dec/start of January.

Many thanks for your specialist services

Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. My first question is has your doctor talked to you about your kidney function?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Never mind what my doctor has asked or not, please just respond as I asked.

Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
OK First off your kidney function is about 50% of normal. Second your diabetes isn't under tight control. Finally you have a low functioning thyroid. I only asked about your doctor because I don't know how long your kidney function has been falling. If you aren't under the care of an endocrinologist you need that and you also need to see a nephrologist--a kidney specialist. You need tighter control of your blood glucose, and you may need thyroid supplementation