Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

My daughter in law suffered serve SPD in pregNcy and was unable

Customer Question

My daughter in law suffered serve SPD in pregNcy and was unable to walk or weight bare 4 years ago she recovered after the birth within a few weeks I believe this is caused by the hormone Relaxin, 5 months ago the symptoms returned and she is unable to walk or weight bare again but she is not pregnant, we are desperate information or a consultant who can help please.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My daughter in law can't walk or bear her body weight and her symptoms are identical to pubic symphosis disorder, we have tried physiotherapists and gynocolgists but they can offer no help and at 34 she has been confined to bed in extreme pain she is not pregnant . she suffered from this in her last pregnancy 4 yrs ago. This problem has bee ongoing moths and we are desperate on what we can do would it be possible sort of hormone therapy to correct this. Do you think surgery would be needed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Please type in the MRI report