tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
18722459

I keep getting a swollen right cheek, pain in the jaw and swollen

I keep getting a swollen right cheek, pain in the jaw and swollen neck and under the chin - particularly the right side but it is starting to go the left hand side too. I am extremely tired. I have had blood tests which indicate a raised level and CPR readings. Can you help?
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
--have you hand a ct scan of the heat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No all I have had off my Dr are blood tests and him saying he has no idea what it could be. He has then booked me in to see an Endocrinologist but the nearest date is the end of March! I currently take 200mg of levothyroxine and have pernicious anaemia. I also have found out I am folate deficient.

Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you had a screen ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had this in the past about 10 years ago but what I'm suffering at the moment appears to be very different. I did have a FBC taken last week but this came back negative.

Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
And this swelling is constant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but it does appear to be getting worse as each day goes by. I have had it in the past but has disappeared within a day but now it's just there! (About three weeks).

Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
OK--we can continue after this but it sounds like you have a stone in the parotid salivary gland duct that is blocking it from time to time. I would get a ct scan of the area and if that's the case you'd need to see an ear, nose, and throat specialist extraction. The elevated sed rate and CRP are from inflammation of the gland
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board certified in general practice with years of experience treating diabetics with multiple other medical conditions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks very much at least I have some idea of what I can expect when I see the specialist - think I will pay ct scan instead of waiting. Thanks once again help - much appreciated.