dr prabir kumar das
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD
15221770

Good evening, I am 45 years old and I believe that I may

Customer Question

Good evening,
I am 45 years old and I believe that I may some problems with my hormones.
Part from getting older and more near the menopause phase of my life, it is 4/5 years that I have started to put on weight so much (20 kg !!)
I have also had removed 1 ovary 18 years ago because of a dermoide cyst and again an other dermoide cyst in 2012 on the left ovary, but in this case by miracle the surgeon managed to save the ovary.
It is also true that I have started to put on weigh since then I have changed my job and I am siting in front my computer for 10 hours !!
I have asked my GP for hormone levels test, I should receive my blood test results soon.
My question is:
what shall I look for to understand if my hormones and my thyroid are working properly ?
thank you !
regards
Emma
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  dr prabir kumar das replied 2 years ago.
From your description it is apparent that you are looking for two issues whether your sex hormones are working normally or not and regarding your thyroid profile.
If you have any imbalance in the sex hormones like estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, LH, fsh etc you will find the symptoms like irregular period, spotting, scanty period,occasional stop of period,heavy period,sexual dysfunction etc.
If thyroid function is disturbed you may find the following problems like excess increase of body weight, lethargy,fall of hair,increased sensitivity to cold or warm, menstrual irregularities etc