Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I was referred to a NHS Endocrine specialist by my GP...

Customer Question

Hi. I was referred to a NHS Endocrine specialist by my GP... I suspected that my issues may be due to something Adrenal so I asked the specialist and he said that as the morning cortisol level was fine (blood test), that it ruled it out. I have now been discharged by the specialist and being sent to see a Neurologist. After I was told by the specialist that he had ruled out Cortisol issues, I came across a test which you do yourself (saliva and urine) and send off to company called Genova Diagnostics. I've just had the results back and they show that my morning cortisol levels were fine (the same as the blood test results), but the next 3 results of the day were all below the reference range. The DHEA samples were also both below the reference range, along with my urine T3 results. My question is, are these results likely to be reliable..? And if so, should I let the endocrine specialist know that the result seem to show that there is an issue...? I feel a bit silly going back to him with results from a home test kit after he's ruled it out with a blood test. Thank you!

Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much for checking... Ill just bite the bullet and go back to my NHS specialist and ask. So thank you anyway, im happy to close it.